As governmental officials try to fight the drug menace, politicians are now also included in this largely controversial issue. Some of them are:
1. Kelsey cooper. According to police reports, this spokeswoman for the Republican Party of Kentucky stooped her car in search of directions. The officers noticed she was unstable and emotional. They made her undergo multiple sobriety tests, all of which she failed.
2. Scot Kelsh. This North Dakota democrat was subjected to tough laws he himself had enforced. He effected stricter drunk driving laws in the state last July and was arrested in November.
3. Adam Kokesh. As an outspoken gun advocate, the 31 year old was taken into custody after officers conducted a search at his home. He was charged with possession of drugs and a firearm.
4. Kristin Davis. Davis had been reportedly selling hundreds of prescription drugs in exchange for ecstasy from a drug dealer. As a former NYC comptroller candidate, she was arrested and may face up to 8 years in prison.
5. Robert Kerns. His case was even more complicated as it involved drugging a female employee and raping her. This former chairman of Montgomery county Republican Party has so far denied the charges despite forensic evidence proving his guiltiness.
6. Barry Layne Moore. This Mayor of Hampton FL found himself on the wrong side of the law when he was arrested for sale and possession of oxycodone. Local officials have demanded that he steps down from office but he is reluctant at doing so.
7. Gordon Jenkins. The mayor of New York town went into frenzy and caused drama with his racist and insightful remarks regarding police officers. He was arrested for refusing to cooperate when asked to take a Breathalyzer test.
8. Trey Radel. Radel was being charged with cocaine possession after he was caught buying cocaine from an undercover police officer in Washington DC.